This stuff is totally amazing! It not only works as an exfoliant, but also doubles as a shaving cream! Before this creation of deliciousness, shaving was not super pleasant for me. I have really sensitive skin and no matter how careful I was, I would end up with at least one cut from my razor plus the nasty aftermath of razor burn and bumps. Ew! Thanks to my new routine of shaving my skin stays so much smoother.
Coconut Lime Salt Scrub:
- 1 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 15 drop lime essential oil
Soften the coconut oil by either letting it sit out at warm room temperature or melting it on the stove. For the stove method, simply place a small pot of water on the stove. Place a small glass jar or bowl in the water, being careful not to let the water get inside the bowl. Place the coconut oil in the bowl and stirring gently bring the water to a simmer. The heat from the water will melt the coconut oil.
Once it’s melted, remove from the bowl from the water bath. Mix in the salt and the essential oil. Store in a glass jar.
Feel free to substitute a different essential oil if you would prefer.
Here’s my shaving routine for a smooth close shave:
1) After soaking in the shower for a few minutes I use a natural loofah sponge and gently scrub my whole body. This removes any dead skin. Technically I believe it’s better to “dry exfoliate” but I don’t care for that method. It hurts me. Haha. Maybe I need a different scrubber for that…
2) Right after the loofah I turn the water off, and scrub my skin gently with the coconut scrub. It goes farther than you’d think. I tend to use too much…
3) Turn the water back on and quickly rinse your body so just the salt sloughs off. Then I turn the water back off and shave.
4) Rinse any gunk off and you’re done! The coconut oil acts as an amazing shaving cream and gives a super close shave AND leaves your skin so soft.
Alternatively you could use sugar instead of salt.
Enjoy your sexy smooth legs! 🙂